What is a smart factory? The smart factory has the following six distinctive features:
1.Device interconnection. It can realize equipment and equipment interconnection (M2M), integrate with equipment control system, and external sensors, etc., SCADA (data acquisition and monitoring system) collects the status of equipment in real time, produces completed information, quality information, and applies RFID. (radio frequency technology), bar code (one-dimensional and two-dimensional) and other technologies to achieve traceability of the production process.
2. Widely used industrial software. Widely use industrial software such as MES (Manufacturing Execution System), APS (Advanced Production Scheduling), Energy Management, and Quality Management to realize visualization and transparency of the production site. In the new factory, digital factory simulation software can be used to simulate equipment and production line layout, factory logistics, ergonomics, etc. to ensure a reasonable factory structure. In the process of advancing the digital transformation, it is necessary to ensure the data security of the plant and the safety of equipment and automation systems. When detecting defective products through professional testing equipment, it is necessary not only to be able to automatically divert the qualified products, but also to analyze the causes of quality problems through software such as SPC (Statistical Process Control).
3. Fully combine the concept of lean production. Fully embody the concept of industrial engineering and lean production, it can achieve order-driven, pull-type production, minimize in-process inventory and eliminate waste. To promote the construction of smart factories, we must fully integrate the characteristics of the company's products and processes. In the research and development phase, it is also necessary to vigorously promote standardization, modularization and serialization, and lay the foundation for promoting lean production.
4. Achieve flexible automation. Combine the company's product and production characteristics to continuously improve the automation of production, testing and plant logistics. Enterprises with small product varieties and large production batches can achieve high automation and even establish black light factories; small batches and multi-variety enterprises should focus on less people, human-machine integration, and do not blindly promote automation. Special attention should be paid to building intelligent manufacturing units. . The factory's automated production lines and assembly lines should be properly considered for redundancy to avoid lineage due to critical equipment failures; at the same time, full consideration should be given to how to quickly change the mold, which can accommodate a variety of mixed line production. Logistics automation is very important for realizing smart factories. Enterprises can realize material transfer between processes through AGV, rack-type robots, hanging conveyor chains and other logistics equipment, and configure material supermarkets to distribute materials to the line side. The automation of quality inspection is also very important, and the application of machine vision in smart factories will become more and more extensive. In addition, it is necessary to carefully consider how to use the power assist equipment to reduce the labor intensity of workers.
5. Focus on environmental friendliness and achieve green manufacturing. It can collect energy consumption of equipment and production lines in time to achieve efficient energy utilization. In the dangerous and polluting sectors, robots are preferred to replace labor, and waste recycling and reuse can be achieved.
6. Real-time insights can be achieved. The feedback of the completion information is obtained from the production scheduling instruction to realize the closed loop. By establishing a production command system, real-time insight into plant production, quality, energy consumption and equipment status information to avoid unplanned downtime. By establishing a factory's Digital Twin, you can easily gain insight into the state of the production site and assist managers at all levels to make the right decisions.
A factory with only automated production lines and industrial robots cannot be called a smart factory. The intelligent factory should not only realize automation, transparency, visualization and leanness in the production process, but also realize closed-loop integration with the production process in the aspects of product inspection, quality inspection and analysis, and production logistics. Information sharing, on-time delivery and collaborative work are also required between multiple workshops in a factory. The construction of smart factories fully integrates information technology, advanced manufacturing technology, automation technology, communication technology and artificial intelligence technology. When constructing a smart factory, each enterprise should consider how to effectively integrate the emerging technologies in these five fields, closely integrate with the product characteristics and manufacturing processes of the enterprise, and determine its own smart factory promotion plan.