With the increasing demands on intelligence, as a very important peripheral in the computing hardware, touchscreen can easily and naturally realize human-machine interaction. And its applications in various industries are constantly expanding. Especially with the development of automation, digitization and intelligent trends, the demand on industrial touch panel PCs and industrial touch monitors in the industrial automation industry is increasing, so that the demand for touchscreens in the industrial automation industry is also rising.
Type of touchscreen:
According to the principle of the touchscreen and the media for transmitting information, we generally divide the touchscreen into 4 types: Resistive touchscreen, capacitive touchscreen, infrared touchscreen, and surface acoustic wave touchscreen. Each touchscreen has its own advantages and disadvantages, and its using fields are also different.
At present, the technology of capacitive touchscreen has been continuously improved, and the accuracy and touch experience have also been greatly improved. It has been found in all kinds of life, especially in the most common commercial electronics and mobile phones.
However, in industrial automation and complicated industrial sites, we have found that resistive touchscreens are still more popular, and capacitive touchscreens cannot replace resistive touch screens in the industrial automation market.
Introduction of resistive touchscreen properties and principle
1) Resistive screen, commonly known as "soft screen". There are only three layers. The inner layer is glass and the outer layer is film. ITO is coated on the side adjacent to the film and glass. At the same time, the resistive screen is actually a sensor.
At present, resistive screens are divided into four types, but it is more often to see 4-wires type and 5-wires type, and the working principle is almost the same. The biggest difference is that its accuracy will be different after being affected by external forces.
2) Working principle: In short, the resistive screen is divided into two layers, separated by a spacer in the middle. When the two layers collide with each other, the current will have an impact. The chip uses the data between the calculated force and the current to assess which part of the screen is pressed and responds. Because the resistive screen requires two layers of collision before responding.
Why resistive screens are more popular in industry:
1. The industrial environment is harsh, dusty, and bigger range temperature, the resistive touchscreen is more suitable for such complicated environment;
2. The resistive touchscreen can be touched with any object, which is suitable for some industrial applications scenarios.
3. The accuracy of the resistive touchscreen depends only on the accuracy of the A/D conversion, so it can easily reach 4096 * 4096 comparison, and the cost performance is higher than that of the capacitive touchscreen.
4. Stronger anti-electromagnetic interference ability, more suitable for complicated industrial application site environment.
At the end:
As a solution provider & manufacturer of industrial computing hardware platform, TAICENN always offers the best solutions and products for industrial applications. In general, no matter it is an industrial touch Panel PC or an touch monitor product, when selecting a suitable touch screen, it is necessary to make a good selection according to the field environment of the application. Although the accuracy of capacitive touch is constantly improving, and the touch experience is better, we still recommend customers to use resistive touchscreens to ensure long-term stability and reliability in complicated industrial field environments.